Search This Blog

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Watching your child explore the world

One of the best parts of being a parent for me is watching my daughter explore places and things.  She is a curious little girl and has the capacity, when fear strikes, to look back in my direction to get the reassuring look or hug that she needs.  I love to take her to different places, like museums, parks, gyms, play areas and anywhere there are different people and she seems to love it just as much.  If there is music, she will dance.  If there is food, she wants a piece.  If there are people, she walks up to them curiously and waves to get their attention.  If there are other little people, she walks up to them with the excitement of someone who has just found their long lost twin. If there is a dog, nothing else matters but the dog.  If she is just so happy about the entire experience she squeals to the level that would shatter glass.  She cracks me up!

  She is a little sponge, taking in everything.  She has made the same face since she was born with her scrunched eyebrows that say, 'I'm trying to figure out what this is all about'.  Everyone we see comments on this look.  'Very pensive' she has been called.   She has turned into a cool little kid with a funny little personality.  I am so proud of her and love watching her continue to develop the person she will ultimately become.  I'm glad I got to be her Mom.

What do you love about watching your child explore the world?

No comments: