Search This Blog

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Excercise and Motherhood

I really enjoy working out.  Sometimes working out becomes a struggle with childcare responsibilities.

A few days ago it was pouring out and my daughter was taking a nap for the first time in a long time.  I decided I would go On Demand and rent a movie, but something caught my eye - Excercise TV  On Demand.  I scrolled through the options.  Yoga, Pilates, Strength training, Cardio and dance classes.  They had short workouts and longer workouts.  They even had exercise stuff for kids.  So I tried a few.  I had some hand weights at home which many of the workouts require and I have to admit, many of them were exactly the same to the classes I have taken at various gyms over the years.  I worked up a sweat and felt challenged!

 I highly recommend these for any Mom who can't get to the gym and wants a workout.  Of course, check with your doctor before you start a workout routine!

No comments: