Search This Blog

Monday, April 11, 2011

Scene on the Street - Totally Cool or Just Plain Crazy

The other day I was driving home.  Out of the corner of my eye in my rear view mirror while sitting in traffic, I saw a person pushing one of those baby carriages that connects to a bicycle at an incredibly fast speed and this person wasn't on a bicycle.  I mean, this person was cruising at a speed I had never seen before in the world of baby pushing so much so that I was straining my neck to figure out what was going on and how they were moving so fast. Due to the traffic and parked cars, I could only see the top of this person.  But then they caught up to where I was in traffic and I was floored.

It was a Mom. 

It was a Mom on a skateboard.  She was skateboarding while pushing the stroller, navigating the city streets, traffic, parked cars and pedestrians and she was hauling.  There was no lack of confidence on her part about her ability to be successful at this seemingly dicey endeavor.  I was watching her wondering whether this was the coolest thing I had ever seen or whether it was the craziest.  I'm still not sure. 

No comments: