Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Wine Tip Tuesday

I saw this wine in a local wine shop and was intrigued.  I liked the name and while I rarely get drawn in by the bottle design, I liked this one.   Usually, the catchy bottle exterior doesn't reflect what is usually inside.  I was pleasantly surprised that this was not the case.

B Side 2007 Cabernet Sauvignon - Napa Valley 

93% Cabernet Sauvignon, 7% Petite Sirah

It presents with a deep garnet color in the glass.  Notes of strawberry, and boysenberry aromas along with toasted oak and some minerality that comes from the varied soil found in Napa.  On the palate, it is your typical Napa Cab with tastes of blackberry and currants with a bit of tannins on the finish.  I really enjoyed this wine.  Unfortunately, it runs anywhere from $22-$25 in the store, but that's Napa for you.

No comments: