Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Wednesdays with Rudy

I'm Rudy.  I've been watching my Mom write on her computer about how this Motherhood thing has turned things upside down, and I thought,  I have some stuff to say about that too.

Let me give you a little background, I was here almost a year before that little screeching, walking, bottle drinkin' baby arrived.  My Mom found me on petfinder.com, a great website if you're looking for another family member, I digress.  Anyhow, from what she tells me, she saw me, read my profile (I was a cruelty impound and a special needs because I had stage three heartworm) and that was it.  She immediately contacted the rescue, Chesapeake Cats and Dogs, another great place to find your forever friend (http://www.ccadcatanddogrescue.org/), emailed the application, spoke to my foster Mom by phone and scheduled a day to come and meet me.

She tells me it was a Sunday, and I remember it was raining because I like the rain.  The real thing I remember was that she came with bully sticks. Oh my god,  BULLY STICKS, I can't even think about those without losing it - I LOVE BULLY STICKS!! That was it, I was sold.  Things were looking up for me considering the shelter I was in had planned to put me down the next day before the rescue agreed to take me.

February 27, 2009 I arrived at my new home and it was the happiest day ever.  Things were going great.  Then she arrived a year later.  For a little thing, that baby cried a lot.  I heard the word colic thrown around a lot.  Don't know what that means, but think it means 'cries a lot'.  I could tell my Mom was losing it, and she looked pretty bad.  Really busted up.  Things got a little better a few months later, but that baby needed a lot.  I mean, she couldn't even walk.  She needed to be carried around.  What was that all about?  I walked pretty damn soon after I was born and didn't expect anyone to carry me around.  I was thinking, "Diva" and wasn't too sure I was gonna like living with this little celeb who everyone was taking pictures of at all hours of the day. 

No comments: