Search This Blog

Friday, March 18, 2011

Fashion Fridays - Moms need hats too

Having a baby means trips to the park, walks in the stroller and soon enough, time at the beach, pool, lake or river.  I treated my skin like an idiot as a teenager, using baby oil and a reflector to get that immediate red lobster burn which didn't even look anything but plain stupid.  Dumb, dumb, dumb.  My daughter doesn't always dig wearing hats, but she is at the stage where she likes to imitate me.   Ah ha!  I must get a hat.

 I've always liked hats, but sometimes can't find that exact one that feels right.  You know, the one that doesn't feel like you have the chiquita banana woman's headress on.   So, I found the perfect hat, and  I want to share it with you.  It's made by Block Headwear a NYC company that has some great stuff for both men and women.  This style is called "Knickerbocker".  It comes in three colors, black, seagrass and natural.  I got the natural and it will go well with most spring and summer clothes.


From their website - www.blockheadwear.com
"Block Headwear was created by Cuban-born designer Ciomi McCabe who grew up in the hat business. She developed her craft at Kangol where her father was CFO. Having the desire to start her own headwear brand, Ciomi launched Block Headwear in May 2000 out of NYC where she and the company are based. In May 2006, Concept One Accessories acquired Block where Ciomi remains as the head designer and creative director of the brand."

No comments: