Search This Blog

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Thirsty Thursday's Wine

Yes, it's St. Patrick's Day, but I like wine.

I treated myself to a nicer bottle that what I would normally drink on a plain old evening.  I thought it might pair well with the corned beef, and it wasn't so bad with it. The strong mustard I love on the corned beef really didn't help.  The wine on it's own is lovely with a great QPR.

Domaine D'Auphilac 2007 - Montpeyroux from the Languedoc region of France  $26

It is composed of 30% Mourvedre, 25% Syrah, 25% Carignan, 16% Grenache and 4% Cinsault.  This is a lovely old world wine.  Highly extracted fruit with a dark intense color.  It has the aromas of dark fruit and spice with soft tannins.   I think it would have been really wonderful with brisket, or braised short ribs.

No comments: