Search This Blog

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Thirsty Thursdays

Avalon - Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon - 2008


Make sure if you go to purchase this wine that it is the one from Napa Valley not the one from California.  The Napa Valley bottle is quite different.  I like this wine, it was what I was looking to drink when I opened the bottle.  It offers notes of dark fruit like blackberries and dark cherries, but I didn't find them overpowering which was nice since I am not a huge fan of the in your face big fruit forward wines.  There was also notes of earth, and some subtle notes of spice and vanilla which come from the 12 months the wine spends in French and American Oak.  Overall, it was a pleasant glass to drink and for $11.99, I would say it's a great go to any day wine.

Available at Total Wine or Beltway Liquors.

No comments: