Search This Blog

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Scene on the Street - St. Patrick's Day Drunk Safari

Happy St. Patrick's Day!  My corned beef is just about done in the crock pot and it smells really good in the house right now.

I love St. Patrick's Day, not only because I love the color green, corned beef and because it is the birthday of my oldest friend, but because it now takes on a whole new meaning.  Since I can't really go out and be irresponsible, I go out on what I call a 'Drunk Safari'. This afternoon, I packed my daughter up, put her in the BOB and took a walk on the local square by my home which is dotted with Irish Pubs.  And there, we saw these rare animals on display in their drunken madness without an entry fee.   It was incredibly entertaining, and I am sure in my younger days I provided just that to those who were then in my current situation.  Pay it forward works.

To see as many people as I saw mid-day drunk as skunks, I suspect plenty of these people planned in advance to feign illness starting on Monday because calling out on the 17th of March is sort of  sketchy and just, duh, a dead giveaway that you're not sick, but will be soon.   Those kegs and eggs will soon be tossed in the toilet as drunk chunks!  Bombs away.

What do you do now that you are a responsible parent on St. Patty's Day?

No comments: